I, Rodney Gisclair, Sr., am seeking re-election to the Greater Lafourche Port Commission Seat “D” in the November 6, 2018 election.
I am a graduate of Larose-Cut High School and attended Louisiana Tech University.
My wife, Dolly Hebert Gisclair and I have been married for fifty years and have four sons, Rodney, Jr., Corey, Troy and Robby Gisclair, and twelve grandchildren.
My parents are Durac Gisclair and the late Adelaide B. Gisclair.
I have an offshore marine operations background which has been a great help understanding what goes on at Port Fourchon and how I have worked to continue to build and grow our Port Fourchon area.
I am proud to have served you as your Seat “D” commissioner over the past three years.
Since my election in 2016, we have continued to move the Port forward even while enduring the economic downturn in the oil and gas industry.
Here are a few examples of what we accomplished and are working towards:
- Announced Energy World USA has chosen Fourchon as the port to build an LNG facility which, once completed, will employ hundreds of people during construction with a hundred more once in operation, with millions of dollars in economic impact to our community and state as well;
- Deepening of Bayou Lafourche channel;
- Signed an Assumption of Maintenance with the CORP of Engineers;
- Chevron opened its new operations and transportation facility at the Galliano Airport;
- Replaced and updated taxi-way and runway lighting at the Galliano Airport;
- Negotiating a lease for an additional 950 acres on Fourchon Island;
- Continue to bulk head waterfront property in Slip C and dredged Slip D while utilizing the spoils to mitigate property in the “Rappolet Hole” to be beneficially used as a recreational area;
- Groundbreaking for Section 2-E of the elevated Highway 1 in Leeville.
These are some of the great things we have been able to accomplish during my 3-year tenure and hopefully you will allow me to continue to represent you as your Seat D commissioner on the GLPC. We have continued to grow the port facilities even while rolling back the port tax millages over the past three years.
I will continue to support and improve the port and airport facilities and their services. I will continually strive to maintain the superior reputation this port boasts throughout the US and world.
I humbly ask for your vote to re-elect Rodney Gisclair, Sr. to the Greater Lafourche Port Commission Seat D.
Posted on Tue, June 5, 2018
by The Lafourche Gazette