Public Hurricane Preparedness Briefing to be held Monday
As we enter the most active part of the hurricane season, are you prepared? Lafourche Parish Government Office of Homeland Security invites all citizens and businesses to a Hurricane Preparedness Briefing on Monday, August 4 at 6 p.m.
It’s important for citizens and business to know updates in emergency protocols and insurance changes. Lafourche Parish Government has put together experts in their fields to discuss the latest policy changes and technology to assist in emergency preparedness.
Scheduled speakers include:
• Director of Homeland Security for Lafourche Parish, Chris Boudreaux – Emergency Situation Protocols
• Lafourche Parish Government Chief Building Official, Adrienne Labat – Building Techniques for High Wind
• Commissioner of Louisiana Department of Insurance, James Donelon – Insurance Policy for Business
• LSU AgCenter Instructor, Pat Skinner – Flood Maps and Elevation requirement
• Lafourche Parish Government Floodplain Manager, Darla Duet – National Flood Insurance Program
The Hurricane Preparedness Briefing will be held in the Mathews Government Complex at 4876 Hwy 1, beginning at 6 p.m. The public is invited to join in for this informative meeting.
Posted on Fri, August 1, 2014
by The Lafourche Gazette