Parish Offers Program to Assist Residents With Tuition Costs
Paying for education can be a daunting task.
For this reason, Lafourche Parish Government's Office of Community Action established a Tuition Assistance Program to assist eligible applicants with tuition costs by providing them with up to $500.
While this amount might only cover a portion of your expenses, any little bit can go a long way in helping pay for the myriad of costs associated with education. The program is intended to be used by Lafourche Parish residents only. Residents must also be aware that the funds for the program are not guaranteed.
When applying for this aid, officials with Lafourche Parish Government said residents need to bring the items listed below with them when visiting the outreach offices located in Thibodaux, 2535 Veterans Blvd., Mathews, 4876 Highway 1, and Cut Off, 1621 East Main St., Suite 13B.
- Proof of income for everyone in the household - If paid weekly: last 4 check stubs; Bi-weekly: last 2 check stubs (If no income is shown, you must provide a statement from the person that helps with household expenses, along with his or her contact number)
- Photo ID / Driver's License for Head of Household
- Social Security Cards and Birthdates for everyone in the household
- Current Food Stamp Printout (no more than 30 days old)
- Current SSI or SSA Award Letter
- Current (most recent) Fee Invoice
- Class Schedule
For more information about the Tuition Assistance Program, call the Mathews outreach office at 537-7603, Thibodaux office at 446-6731 or Cut Off office at 632-3989.
Posted on Wed, December 10, 2014
by Lafourche Parish Government