Forty-five people have been arrested in connection to an investigation into a crack cocaine organization. Operation Crackin' Down netted 34 arrests as part of a roundup in January 2014.
In an update announcement, Sheriff Craig Webre reported 12 more people have been arrested since then, and agents are asking for help in locating four (4) other individuals with warrants related to the operation.
January's roundup involved several local, state, and federal agencies and was the culmination of an eight-month undercover investigation into a crack cocaine organization. The investigation was conducted by the Lafourche Parish Drug Task Force, in conjunction with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Group 12.
The investigation included 79 cases with 45 suspects and targeted street-level to upper-level drug dealers. Prior to January's roundup, agents had seized cocaine and crack cocaine with a total street value of approximately $45,710 as part of the operation. The roundup left 16 individuals with outstanding warrants. Since then, 12 of those have been arrested and two have has turned themselves in:
- Andre Brown, 25, of 161 Millie St., Raceland - three counts of Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Roland Collins, 27, of 3722 Hwy. 1, Lot 3, Raceland - three counts of Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Brandon Folse, 28, of 609 Market St., Raceland - Principal to Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Karey Folse, 36, of 774 St. Louis St., Raceland - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Jermane Gray, 20, of 422 Carol St., Thibodaux - Principal to Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Kareem Ingram, 25, of 627 St. Louis St., Raceland - Possession of Schedule III
- Lee Major, 33, of 245 Brocato Lane, Raceland - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Sareel Poindexter, 38, of 542 Ayo St., Raceland - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Scotty Poindexter, 24, of 548 Greenville St., Raceland - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Givante Royal, 24, of 105 Michelle Place, Apt. A, Thibodaux - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Tyrone Watkins, 37, of 471 Market St., Raceland - two counts of Distribution of Cocaine
- Gerovonta Bourda, 28, of 688 Greenville St. - Distribution of Crack Cocaine (turned himself in)
The most recent of those arrests came on Tuesday, June 24, when Roland Collins called Task Force agents taunting them into attempting to locate him. Through investigation, agents knew of a location he frequented in the southern part of the parish, and located him there a short time later. He was taken into custody without incident.
Meanwhile, four others with outstanding warrants related to the operation remain at large. Agents with the
Lafourche Parish Drug Task Force agents are asking for the public's help in locating these individuals, all of Raceland:
- Percy Calloway Jr., 23, of 37 Shady Trailer Park - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Codi Campbell, 26, of 146 Greenville St. - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Steven Folse, 22, of 554 Market St. - Distribution of Crack Cocaine
- Tremayne Gabriel, 35, of 737 St. Louis St. - two counts of Distribution of Crack Cocaine
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of any of these individuals is asked to contact Crime Stoppers Bayou Region at 1-800-743-7433 or by texting "GIVEATIP" plus your message to 274637. Tips can also be submitted using the TipSubmit Mobile application or online at www.crimestoppersbr.org. Tipsters can remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward up to $1,000 in cash if the information given leads to an arrest.
Posted on Mon, June 30, 2014
by The Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office