Local residents inducted into Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
The following local residents were recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
- Jessica Bourgeois of Raceland initiated at Nicholls State University.
- Beau Brady of Lockport
- Mia Crotwell of Lockport
- Connie P. Duet-Berryman of Galliano
- Kyllie-Mae Guidry of Galliano
- Lindie Guidry of Larose
- Brooke Lagarde of Raceland
- Ria Ledet of Lockport
- Nicolette Orgeron of Galliano
- Meaghan Plaisance of Raceland
- Les Theriot of Golden Meadow
- Brittany Vice of Raceland
These residents, all initiated at Nicholls Sate University, are among approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year.
Membership is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors, having at least 72 semester hours, are eligible for membership. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of candidates for graduate degrees may also qualify, as do faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction.
Posted on Tue, April 26, 2016
by The Lafourche Gazette