Lafourche Parish Government’s Office of Community Action will be offering heaters to elderly and disabled residents meeting Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) income guidelines beginning Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 21-22.
Community Action Executive Director Freddia Ruffin-Roberson said these heaters will be made available at the three outreach sites in Thibodaux, Mathews and Galliano.
“Our mission is always to assist the residents when needed,” she said. “With cold weather approaching, it is only fitting to provide heaters to some of the older and disabled citizens of our parish.”
Lafourche residents must provide the following information to qualify for the program:
- Proof of income (4 check stubs)
- Social Security Cards
- Proper identification for head of household
- Social Security Award Letter (2015)
- Food stamp print out sheet updated in the last 30 days
- Must be a resident of Lafourche Parish
The heaters will be made available on a first come, first served basis on the following days and locations:
- Galliano Outreach Office: 16241 E. Main St., Suite 13B, Cut Off, 985-632-3989; Monday and Tuesday Dec. 21-22, 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Mathews Site Office: 4876 Hwy. 1, Mathews, 985-537-7603; Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 21-22, 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
- Thibodaux Outreach Office (Lafourche Parish Health Unit): 2535 Veterans Blvd., Thibodaux, 985-446-6731; Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 21-22, 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
The Resident Warmth Program is funded through a Federal Community Services Block Grant, and to qualify for this program, families must be Lafourche Parish residents, and meet the following income guidelines:
Persons in family and income:
For more information, call your local Community Action Office or visit lafourchegov.org.
Posted on Fri, December 18, 2015
by The Lafourche Gazette