Lafourche Parish Offers School Uniform Vouchers
Lafourche Parish Government’s Office of Community Action is offering vouchers for free school uniforms to qualified low-income families.
Seventy-five approved applications will be taken per location on a first come basis. This program was highly successful last year; individuals who applied last year will have to wait one year from their last application before reapplying.
To qualify, Lafourche families must provide the following information to qualify for the program:
- Proof of income (4 check stubs)
- Social Security Cards for everyone
- Updated food stamp print out
- Current utility bill and rent/mortgage receipt
- Proper Identification for head of household
Residents who wish to apply for these vouchers need to bring the information listed above to any of the Office of Community Action locations.
• Thibodaux Outreach Office, 1445 Martin Luther King Drive, 9 a.m. till 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. till 3 p.m. (985-446-6731).
• Mathews Office, 4876 Hwy. 1, 9 a.m. till 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. till 3 p.m. (985-537-7603).
• Galliano Outreach Office, 16241 E. Main St., Suite 13B, 9 a.m. till 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. till 3 p.m. (985-632-3989).
Lafourche Parish President Charlotte Randolph stated, “This program was so popular last year because it really helped qualified families to meet the needs of their children without having to sacrifice other important family needs and we are thrilled to continue to offer this assistance.”
The school uniform voucher program is funded through a Federal Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), and to qualify for this program, families must be Lafourche Parish residents, and meet income guidelines.
Posted on Tue, July 29, 2014
by The Lafourche Gazette