Here is a rundown of action taken during Tuesday night’s Lafourche Parish Council meeting.
All votes were unanimous unless otherwise noted. Councilman Jerry Lafont was absent.
- Accepted the minutes of the April 24 council meeting.
- Accepted the minutes of the April 30 council meeting.
- Accepted the minutes of the May 8 special council meeting.
- Approved a servitude agreement with Kristian Michael Tardo.
- Approved a servitude amendment with Thomas P. Naquin, Reynold J. Naquin and Reynold J. Naquin Jr.
- Approved a servitude agreement with Scott Gros.
- Approved a sale agreement for 607 Silver St., Houma, for $5,371.
- Amended the personnel manual for the Head Start Program.
- Approved Archon Information Systems, CivicSource, to advertise and auction 124 E. 125th St., Galliano, due to non-payment of property taxes.
- Approved the reimbursement of legal fees and expenses in representing Parish President James B. Cantrelle against charges with the Louisiana Board of Ethics. Councilman Jerry Jones voted against it. Councilman Corey Perrillioux abstained.
- Approved a resolution requesting the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Lafourche Parish District Attorney’s Office investigate possible wrongdoing by the parish president, the interim parish administrator, the human resources director and any employees involved in possible fraudulent activity regarding time sheets. Councilman James Bourgeois voted against it.
- Approved a resolution requesting the Lafourche Parish District Attorney’s Office to render a legal opinion as to whether employees should be reimbursed for legal costs when they appeal and win their civil service cases.
- Appointed William Abel to serve on the Home Rule Charter Revision Committee after the resignation of Paul Arceneaux due to a conflict of interest.
- Appointed Harvey Clement to the Lafourche Parish Water District No. 1 Board.
- Approved the purchase of a 2018 Dodge Ram 1500 for $23,664 for the Department of Permits and Planning.
- Amended the cooperative endeavor agreement with the state for the Company Canal Pump Station.
- Approved the transfer of $45,000 from the Rink Pump Station Project to the Sugar Ridge East Pump Station Project.
- Approved a transfer of $15,000 from the Lake Long Drive Drainage Improvement Project to the Lower Pointe Aux Chene Pump Project.
- Accepted the low bid of $3.34 million from Byron E. Talbot Contractor for the Dugas Canal Infrastructure Improvements Project.
- Rescinded the acceptance of a quote from Lee Tractor Co. for $44,196 for a new engine for the excavator for the Thibodaux Field Office.
- Accepted the quote of Lee Tractor Co. of $64,761 for the purchase of a new engine for the excavator for the Thibodaux Field Office.
- Approved an agreement with AT&T to upgrade the Internet services for Tyler Hosted Services.
Posted on Fri, August 17, 2018
by The Lafourche Gazette