Lafourche Parish Government wants to make residents aware of a free service called eNotification. The eNotification system is a useful feature built- in to Lafourche Parish Government’s newly revamped website that was launched in May of this year.
After clicking on the link in the top blue navigation bar at lafourchegov.org, the user is prompted through a series of easy-to- follow steps that gains them immediate access to the topics of most importance to them.
These customizable updates include, but are not limited to; news and press releases, road and bridge closures from the Department of Public Works, public meeting notices, and emergency updates from our Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness.
Users can also choose to be notified of bid openings, government office closures, job postings and event calendar updates.
“I encourage all our parish residents to take advantage of this informative tool located on our site,” Parish President Charlotte Randolph said. “This is one of the best ways for residents to stay informed about what’s going on in our parish.”
Sign up for this free eNotification service by referring to the following instructions:
• Browse to the Lafourche Parish Government website (lafourchegov.org) and click on the eNotification link in the top blue navigation bar.
• Enter your name and the email address where you would like to receive our eNotification updates, then select the categories on which you would like to receive updates.
• Make sure you enter the verification code at the bottom of the page before clicking the Submit button.
• After clicking the Submit button, you should receive a confirmation message.
• Check your email that you submitted during the registration.
• Click the link included in the email you received to confirm your account.
• If you didn’t receive a confirmation email, check your Junk Mail or Spam folders for the registration email. You may need to add web master. firstname.lastname@example.org to your allowed senders list.
Changing your eNotification subscription:
• If you wish to modify your subscription categories at any time, you can click on the eNotification link in the top blue link bar and select the Change eNotification Preferences options.
• Enter the email address that you specified during registration then click the Change My Preferences button.
• You will receive another email with links to either change your eNotification subscription categories or to unsubscribe entirely.
• The link to change your eNotification preferences should direct your browser to a page that displays the eNotification categories you initially selected when setting up your subscription. After making the desired changes, enter the verification code and click the Submit button.
• If you wish to unsubscribe from all Lafourche Parish Government eNotifications, click the second link included in the email. Your browser should be redirected to a page confirming your subscription removal.
Posted on Fri, October 10, 2014
by The Lafourche Gazette