A six-month undercover operation on Grand Isle has resulted in the arrest of the island’s fire chief.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff Newell Normand said a tip about drug use at Grand Isle’s fire station prompted the investigation that netted 20 arrests early Thursday morning, including fire Chief Aubrey “T-Black” Chaisson and firefighter Patrick Santiny.
JSPO detectives said they discovered a small amount of marijuana with Chaisson at the time.
Sheriff Normand said Chaisson faces misdemeanor charges.
The fire chief in Grand Isle is appointed by the board that supervises the town's volunteer department. Chaisson has held the position since 2007.
The other people arrested were also booked mostly on drug charges. One person in Lafourche Parish was also booked on a weapons charge, Normand said.
As part of the six-month undercover operation, conducted out of a Golden Meadow hotel, agents were "lured" for drug salesat Artie's Sports Bar, Normandsaid. He added that the bar was also cited for serving drinks to undercover agents younger than 21.
During the news conference Thursday, officials noted that the investigation was particularly difficult due to the fact that the island is small and most everyone knows each other. But it also resulted in the original tip that alerted the department, Normand said.
Normand said the investigation is ongoing, and could result in more arrests.
The following individuals were arrested in Grand Isle and charged:
- Joseph Angeron - Possession of marijuana, 3rd offense
- Gerre Barthe, 30, 193 Apple Lane - Possession of a controlled dangerous substance and an outstanding warrant for distribution of marijuana
- Ingrid Brewer - outstanding warrant for distribution of a controlled dangerous substance
- Ian Caulfield, 25, 201 Apple Lane - Possession of marijuana
- Aubrey "T-Black" Chaisson, 40, 137A Santiny Lane - Possession of marijuana, outstanding attachment for contempt of court
- Britanny Chimento, 26, 113 Blanchard Lane - Possession of methamphetamine
- Ronald Corley, 25, 119 Trojan Lane - Possession of marijuana
- Thomas Davis, 28, 118 Melon Lane - Possession of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Jackie Dodson, 30, 113 Melon Lane - Possession of acontrolled dangerous substance and drug paraphernalia
- Reynell Gautreaux - two outstanding warrants for distribution of prescription pills and one outstanding warrant for distribution of marijuana
- Donald Leblanc, 51, 413 Blanchard Lane - Possession of marijuana
- Angela Ledet, 47, 114 Blanchard Lane - Possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of drug paraphernalia
- Ernest Owens, No address given - Possession of marijuana
- Joshua Roden, 26, 193 Apple Lane - Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Patrick Santiny, 50, 114 Blanchard Lane - Possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia
- Zackery Santiny, 21, 142 Santiny Lane - Possession of methamphetamine
- Steven "Casey" Schexnyder, 28, 193 Apple Lane - Possession of drug paraphernalia and an outstanding attachment
- Marvin Tarver, 30, 134 Melon Lane - Possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia
Posted on Fri, November 14, 2014
by Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office