I, Perry Gisclair, hereby announce my candidacy as I seek re-election to the Greater Lafourche Port Commission, Seat B.
I currently serve as board president and have served on the commission for a total of twelve years.
I am married to Elizabeth “Libby” Boudreaux Gisclair, and we have on daughter, April, and three grandchildren, Matthew, Amber and Luke.
I am the son of Mabel Toups Gisclair and the late Adam “Ted” Gisclair and the brother of Rodney Gisclair and Angela LeBlanc.
In my time on the Port Commission, both Port Fourchon and the South Lafourche Airport have seen tremendous growth. Accomplishments and milestones during my tenure include:
- The replacement of the outdated Leeville Lift Bridge with the first portion of the LA 1 Expressway, along with continued highway improvements and seeking funding toward construction segments of the elevated highway from Golden Meadow to Port Fourchon.
- The construction and development of the majority of Port Fourchon’s Northern Expansion, which nearly doubles the port.
- GLPC surpassing 20 million in revenues in 2012.
- The $15 million Slip C Bulkhead Project, the port’s single largest project amount ever awarded, began in 2013.
- The South Lafourche Airport in Galliano became Chevron’s airbase for all of its Gulf operations, with a 30 million-infrastructure investment in our airport.
- Port Fourchon hit over 75,000 feet of waterfront property leased from the Port Commission.
I am running because I feel I am a uniquely qualified candidate, with experience in the operations of the port, an established history of success in overseeing improvements at both the port and the airport, and proven leadership to get the job done in the best way possible for the tenants and the community.
I ask for your continued support in the upcoming election as I seek re-election for the Greater Lafourche Port Commission’s Seat B.
Thank You and God Bless.
Posted on Tue, July 17, 2018
by The Lafourche Gazette