Free tax day set for March 21 in Galliano
4U Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is hosting a Super Tax Day at the Galliano Library on Saturday, March 21 from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m.
Why pay to have your income tax return prepared? Why pay for rapid refund when you can have it prepared and electronically e-filed for free and receive a speedy refund?
Items clients need to bring to the VITA sites to have their tax returns prepared include:
- Proof of identification (picture ID).
- Social Security Card for everyone including yourself, spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or Food Stamps.
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc. from all employers.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099).
- A copy of last year’s federal and state refunds if available.
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit such as a blank check.
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate.
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required form.
Posted on Wed, February 25, 2015
by The Lafourche Gazette