FOA and BCF presented $38,000 in grants to local non-profits
The Fourchon Oilman’s Association (FOA), in conjunction with the Bayou Community Foundation (BCF), presented 20 local nonprofits with grant awards totaling $38,000 during a grant awards ceremony on December 13 at the Greater Lafourche Port Commission headquarters in Galliano.
The grants were selected and funded by the FOA from proceeds of the 2016 FOA Invitational Fishing Rodeo, and are being distributed through the Bayou Community Foundation as part of an ongoing partnership between the two local foundations.
“The members of FOA are committed to giving back to our Lafourche and Terrebonne communities that support our local industry and the thousands of men and women here who work in our oil and gas industry. We are excited to once again provide grants to local nonprofits that are doing great work to educate our young people, care for the sick, restore our coast, and help us create a better quality of life for everyone,” says FOA President Eddie Callais.
Grant recipients included:
- Cut Off Elementary School – $1,300 for smart board projectors
- Golden Meadow Middle School – $1,300 for Scholastic literacy program
- Lafourche Shrine Club – $2,500 to help transport needy children for medical care
- Restore or Retreat – $2,500 to print maps and other resources for distributing Louisiana Coastal Master Plan; purchase a small drone to capture video of coastal restoration projects.
- We Can All Ring, Inc. – $2,500 to replace bells and secure insurance on bells and other equipment
- South Lafourche High School 4-H Club – $2,800 to fund student scholarships to 4-H University and South Lafourche 4-H Club’s annual awards banquet.
Posted on Tue, December 20, 2016
by The Lafourche Gazette