Today, I, Cally Hebert Bonvillain am announcing my candidacy for Lafourche Parish School Board, District 9.
My goals include:
- Supporting reducing the number of school board members and listening to the voices of our community.
- Promoting the safety and well-being of the students in our schools.
- Promoting communication between the superintendent, School Board members, principals, teachers, students and the public.
- Finding resources to help our teachers get the funds they need to bring quality education to our children; including finding ways to help increase the salary of the teachers in Lafourche Parish.
- Being accessible to the schools, teachers and people I represent and listening to their educational needs and concerns.
- Pledging to donate 50% of my salary per month to support teacher(s) or school projects that promote the learning environment in my district.
I have recently retired after being in the educational profession for 35½ years. I am a product of the Lafourche Parish School system and graduated from Central Lafourche High School and Nicholls State University. I have a Masters in Instructional Design & Technology and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and was a National Board Certified Science Teacher. I was recognized as a Lafourche Parish Middle School Teacher of the Year, Henry Robertson American Legion Post 83 Citizenship Education Teacher of the Year, The Chamber of Lafourche & the Bayou Region Educator of the Year, and PITCON Middle School Teacher of the Year.
I have written and received over 30 educational grants. I have had the opportunity to work in several different parishes and held numerous educational positions allowing my involvement in a broad scope of educational endeavors.
I worked for many years with BTNEP, (Barataria-Terrebonne National Estuary Program), promoting the protection and preserving of our natural environment. Another endeavor was being employed in the public sector at St. Anne General Hospital as a Business Office Specialist and Evening Supervisor.
Currently I am self-employed and the owner of Diverse Services, which specializes in providing professional educational consulting for any work related business.
I humbly ask for your consideration and support on November 6.
Posted on Fri, July 20, 2018
by The Lafourche Gazette